Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q is for Quiet










is for quiet.  Usually it's what I want Kat to be when she is yakking my ear off about something or nothing.
But really I don't like quiet.  I always need background noise in my life. Probably the result of growing up in a household of 8 people and a zoo of pets.  As if that wouldn't be noise enough we always had a radio or TV on.  There was literally a radio in every room in our house.  So nowadays the silence just gives me the willies and I always have music or the TV going to keep me company.
I can tolerate it when I'm laying in bed though.  It doesn't creep me out at night (prolly cause my mind is too busy thinking and keeping me awake to realize the silence). And a couple weeks ago I even remember waking up one morning, feeling really peaceful because I felt like I couldn't hear a sound, not even the fridge or those annoying birds right outside my window.  But of course once I got out of bed I probably turned the TV on.

1 comment:

  1. I love a little silence every now and then. MOstly though, I love having a little background noise just to let me know I'm not alone.

    Great meeting you through the A-Z!

    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete