Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D is for Demanding

Today's letter is D. I say demanding because that is the best possible word to describe the relationship Joy and I have. We're fortunate that we picked each other to live with because our personalities are rather similar. We have this quid pro quo type of relationship. For example, Joy previously mentioned all of the hot chocolate we consumed this past winter. She wasn't lying. It was a lot! I would be in the kitchen making myself something to eat and Joy would yell, "Hey, where's my hot chocolate ho?" Pure love right there. Last week I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs. I was rather proud of myself. I had about one serving left and I made that for lunch yesterday. Joy came upstairs and said something like, "What's this?" Me: "My lunch. This was the last of it." Joy: "So...." Actually there was one meatball and some sauce and she helped herself. We'll also demand/guilt the other into getting a water refill, making cookies, dinner, doing laundry, getting the mail, going out and pretty much anything else you can think of. That's just how we roll.
D is also for duh! There are so many routes I could take with this one, however I stick with what we've been blogging about these past few days. As Joy mentioned, I am guilty of turning the wrong burners on and I have to admit that this again happened last night. I was wondering why the water was taking so long to boil. I don't know why I do this. Joy was standing right next to me and she caught me red handed. I announced that "D is for duh!" and I knew I had to blog about this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment