Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Food

F is for food. I love food so much that it only made sense to write about it and I'm sure out won't be the only one out there. In fact as I'm writing this I'm eating my breakfast before I have to go to class. I'm not the frosted mini-wheats kind of girl however. Generally I try to eat healthy. This morning I lightly fried up some broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and green pepper and scrambled up two eggs, then melted swiss cheese on top of it. I love it and it's great that I get a serving of vegetables first thing in the morning (with my coffee of course!). I'm not always this healthy though. Every now and then I have those days where I devour everything in sight and never feel satisfied. But let's be honest - who doesn't have thsoe days? I actually used to hate cooking and had a terrible complex about it. This past year I began to cook more and try new things. Some things are a success such as this brown sugar glazed meatloaf recipe I found. A semi-failure includes a sweet curry chicken with homemade mango chutney. It was a slow cooker recipe and let me say, I'm not a fan of slow cookers. Maybe for things like chilis and soups it makes sense, but not for recipes using meats such as chicken that needs to be cooked through all of the day. Long story short after 4 1/2 hours I had to put it in the oven to cook it the rest of the way. It doesn't taste all that bad though. Fortunately for Joy I also enjoy baking. I haven't had a lot of time for it lately though. One of my favorites is a 3 layer devil's food cake. Another is a recipe I found for peanut butter filled chocolate cookies. They taste amazing but take a long time to make.

I think later I'll share a recipe or two. For now I have to be on my way to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment