Well, it certainly has been a while since I've written on here. My life has mostly been consumed with working and in my spare time I have been rereading the Harry Potter series so as to prepare for the final movie coming out in 22 short days! I am uber excited, I hope it is as good as part one was. Last night I finished book five (possibly my favorite book, or maybe seven is) so I only have one and a half to go. I'm only reading to where the first movie left off in the seventh book because I found out that if the book is fresh in my mind it makes the movie less enjoyable (or maybe that was because the sixth movie just wasn't done very well). So 22 days and 52 chapters to go! Plus I'll prolly try to find time to watch the movies too, just maybe not the first three, they get boring after seeing them too much.
Other than that I went for a walk on my day off Monday and decided to venture down by the river in the park. Well I kind of always wanted to venture beyond the first little water fall that I normally visited last summer when my dog lived with me. I took my opportunity to walk further up the river beyond it. I came to another water fall and decided to climb it and continue my river walk. So I climbed up this 5 foot water fall (cell phone in hand, I guess I was feeling pretty gutsy) well once on top I knew there would be no turning back as I didn't think I could climb back down. So I walked up the river to campus until there was a nice clearing by the path just behind campus. It was a nice little afternoon adventure.
Other than that there isn't much to report. The job search has slowed some, I should really put down the books a little more and look harder, but I can't help but get caught up in my reading.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Too bad the A-Z challenge is over because we have very little to keep us inspired to write anything. Since it's been nearly a month without any updates I'll give a quick summary.
- Congrats to Melissa who is all settled into her new place and job. She was a great 3rd roommate and we had tons of fun with her. I guess some people have to grow up. We are proud of you!!!
- Advice to anyone with a roommate: Never let your drunk friends into your house after bars while your roommate is sleeping - no matter what they threaten to do to your car. We'll leave it at that.
- Joy is working hard at applying for jobs and trying to figure out what she wants to do with life.
- I am thinking of buying a magic 8 ball to decide what to do with my life.
- We have roughly a month to let our landlord know if we are going to renew our lease or not.
- Major problems: a) We aren't 100% sure we'll be staying in River Falls and b) even if we are, Joy might be too scarred to want to live with me for another year. Maybe she can borrow my magic 8 ball. Just a thought.