Sunday, October 24, 2010

Camping in the Living Room

Happy Birthday Kat!!

Friday evening, Kat was laying on the floor in the living room and she says "I think I might just live on the living room floor this weekend." So I'm like ok, whatever. And then somehow the idea of making tents out of blankets came up and Kat got all excited about the idea and asked if I would do it with her for her birthday this weekend. Which of course I was excited about and said HECK YES! She had to ask like three times and make sure I wasn't being fake excited and mocking her. Of course I wasn't I really wanted to.  (Rachel (my former roomie) and I were supposed to do that together because we once started a list of "100 ways to make love without doing it" (no, we aren't like that, we just did it for for and cause we had already done a bunch of things when we first found the list) and one of things was to recreate childhood memories and that's the memory I wanted to recreate. But we never did get around to it. Yet.)
Kat checking out the inside of the new tent
Well, anyway Friday night after I got home from work Kat and I made a tent in the living room and slept on the floor.  But it was too hard and uncomfortable for me so I got up at about 5 am and went to my bed.
So Saturday night, we built the tent over the click clack (futon) and slept on that.
The stellar tent
 We also roasted mini marshmallows over a pumpkin pie candle. It was pretty awesome.


You can pretend to not be jealous but we know you are. Don't even pretend you didn't make tents/forts out of blankets as a child!

1 comment:

  1. Did the mini marshmallow taste like pumpkin pie?

    ReplyDelete