Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent

I'm a Christian who grew up in a non-denominational church and family. Basically I was never required by my faith to do Lent. It was the time of  year I would sit in the cafeteria and shove my face full of all kinds of meat while my friends of other religions whined about what they couldn't eat and the things they decided to give up. This year I decided to observe Lent by giving up something that I felt takes up too much of my time, the time I should be using to focus on God and where I should be in my life. This may sounds silly but I decided to give Facebook a break. It's one of those things I love to hate. I'm always on it out of boredom and I admit that it's a distraction. I thought I might miss out on what's going on with my friends, but if they are real friends we will connect otherwise. Yesterday was day number one and I got to see three of my friends last night. Day number two is here and I have to admit it's a little liberating. Plus, I don't feel like a stalker.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment