Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (a day late)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Last year my brother was really sick so I didn't go back to my parents. This year they had stuff going on and again, I didn't go. However, it made me very thankful for the 2nd year in a row that I had wonderful friends who welcomed me in to spend the day with them and their families. I do feel truly blessed.

I also couldn't help but think about about last Thanksgiving. (For your viewing pleasure refer to last year's blog....http://jkflutterfriends.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-thanksgiving.html)  I remember it being really cold and there was snow on the ground. Joy and I were sleeping in when we had a lost car pull into our driveway. We thought they were lost because it appeared to be a nice family with a giant cardboard box and we weren't expecting company. Well, it turns out that even though we weren't the specific needy family that requested a Thanksgiving dinner from a local church/charity, we were the fortunate residents to receive an entire dinner on our doorstep. It was pretty amazing and rather funny. I couldn't help but to secretly hope someone would ring my doorbell again this year....

No comments:

Post a Comment