Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Kat and I are both still in River Falls for the holiday.  Kat was going to go home but long story short, her dad isn't home, her brother is sick and so her family isn't doing anything for Thanksgiving and her mom didn't want her getting sick. My family will be having Thanksgiving on Saturday and I had to work last night and tomorrow.

So this morning I wake up and I hear Kat talking to someone. And I'm like oh, did Kat decide to invite some friends over this morning or did someone just show up? Then I hear them leave and Kat comes in my room to tell me that some family just dropped off a Thanksgiving dinner donation. I'm like what? How do they know we're here without families and turkey on Thanksgiving? She asked them if they were sure it was for us. They said our address was the right one.  Kat told them well we've got stuff for the people who lived here before (see George (pronounced in fancy spanish)) They said well we have to leave it, so Happy Thanksgiving and left us a large box.

The box included a complete Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey, Potatoes, Stuffing, Corn, Gravy, Rolls, Sweet Potatoes, Cornbread Muffins, Pumpkin pie, Cool Whip, a gallon of Punch,

and when I say complete, I mean those are even butter packets included!

So we assume that it is from a Church group and was intended for previous tenants but what are ya gunna do when someone shows up at your door on Thanksgiving with a complete dinner? Eat it? Yeah!
I just hope it's not some kind of trick and we have an enemy trying to poison us. Guess we'll find out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty at any rate. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good! Glad you could have a no sweat thanksgiving meal! Happy Turkey day indeed!

    ReplyDelete